Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In the beginning...

"In every phenomenon the beginning remains always the most notable moment." -- Thomas Carlyle
It probably began a couple of years ago like this:
Using what I learned from countless childhood fairytales, I figured that if I kissed enough frogs I might someday find my prince. But finding the right frog isn't so easy, especially when you don't have a fairy godmother or evil seawitch to help with the magic. As with most things in my life, it wasn't until I stopped pursuing amphibian romances that I stumbled upon this one.



"I wait for the LORD, my soul does wait, And in His word do I hope."
-- Psalm 130:5


After a few months of wining and dining, thoughtful conversations, and happy excursions, my frog transformed into...





Hot, right? just kidding.


















I can happily say that since that first fateful day we've matured to this -->

... and it doesn't look like that's changing any time soon.

So here begins forever.
Can't wait.

1 comment:

jan said...

i heart you! and al!

i can't wait for the actual event. and the bachelorette party...we're going to have to find all the obnoxiously lewd party games and other ridiculous bachelorette items for your night.

and of course, there's the day itself. :)

i misssss you!! but think i might be back in new york april...16,17ish? under the pretense of your "engagement party"...