Wednesday, April 30, 2008

i will survive...

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that." -- Michael Leunig
Tomorrow marks the beginning of May, which means we've been engaged for nearly three months! Hard to believe... time really does fly. In that time we've failed to secure a date, a church, or a reception hall, and we've had a lot of fun doing so. But fret not-- we plan to have all of the aforementioned taken care of by the end of May. In the mean time, we're enjoying being engaged. I wish Al and I could take full credit for the success of our engagement thus far, but alas, where would we be without our handy-dandy Engagement Survival Kit?! Yes, a couple of weeks ago one of Al's co-workers gave us our very own E.S.K. filled with cute and cheesy goodies to encourage us during this happy time. Among the 20+ contents of our E.S.K were Good & Plenty candies so we "always remember the 'good' times and have 'plenty' of them;" crayons "to 'color' our days;" and seeds so that our "love would grow stronger and even more wonderful with each passing year."

All together, a very thoughtful, creative, and artistic gift that I'm sure any newly engaged couple would appreciate. Speaking of recent engagements, congratulations to my college friends Lee Ann and Laura, both of whom got engaged this past week.

"I'm covered in your love, Your grace is enough for me"

2 comments:

Andrea said...

yay!!! i didnt realize i could make comments!!!!! this blog makes me SOOOOO happy. I love you!

Rosanne said...

I love these blogs, it makes my day and we are so happy to have you as a part of our lives and family, love you Rosanne, Alan and Stephen.