Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a very decent proposal

"For once I can touch what my heart used to dream of / Long before I knew / Someone warm like you / Would make my dream come true" -- Stevie Wonder

On February 3rd, 2008 the Giants won Superbowl XLII. The win came as a surprise to many people, but not to my boyfriend, who named the win one of his best fan moments. On February 7th, 2008, the boy, still riding on Superbowl joy, gave me a surprise of my own. There were flowers -- roses to be exact. There was music -- our song, For Once in My Life, by Stevie Wonder was playing. There was surprise -- no need to elaborate. There was a four word question and a one word response. There was a ring -- something like this (but see the previous post for more details). There was jumping and "eeeeeee-ing" and running up and down the hall. There were phone calls and text messages -- to family and friends. And of course, there was dancing -- happy dancing, slow dancing, fast dancing, all sorts of dancing as Stevie played on repeat.

As someone who loves to capture every thing on camera, I am quite sad that I didn't have my camera with me for this momentous occassion. But then again, I was probably too overcome with joy to sit still for a photosession anyways. So here are a few mushy photographs from the night we got engaged +1.



"Blessed be Your name, When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be,' Blessed be Your name
... Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Katrina!