Tuesday, July 15, 2008

an update of sorts

"The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving" -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
Somewhere between packing, moving, and unpacking, I seemed to have misplaced my camera cord, so alas, it may be a while before I upload any July pictures, including ones from the party and farewell NY ones. In the mean time, a minor update before things get too crazy with orientation and classes. We just finalized our plan with Bella Pictures, so add another check to the checklist (and speaking of photos, these photos that I found by KJournal look really good; excellent color and candid shots. Unfortunately they're based in Florida... perhaps we'll go to them for some family photos down the road). Also speaking of photos, I hope you enjoy this cheesy alleykat photo, taken during our cruise in April, while I summarize what we've done so far:
  • Picked a date
  • Booked the church and reception venues
  • Picked out a bridal gown
  • Booked the photographer
  • Finalized the reception menu
  • Selected colors
  • Picked the bridal party
  • Came up with a tentative guest list
So next we have to work on flowers, centerpieces, invitations, the band/dj, the registry, bridal party attire, favors, the pre-cana, and the honeymoon. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of things, but we'll worry about that later.

And congrats to two of Al's best friends since elementary school, Lewis and Tina, who got engaged this past weekend. :)

"...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." -- Matthew 17:20

1 comment:

Andrea said...

i just want to say this blog makes me SO happy. everytime i read it i feel tingly and happy and super happy all at once. question tho-- is there way I can get an email each time you update? let me know!

love!