Friday, May 23, 2008

he puts the AL in alleykat

"I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, A church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, He said one that would make me his wife." -- Author Unknown
As if you didn't already know, there are a lot of websites and magazines devoted to brides-to-be like me! I was just browsing one such site with resources for brides in the New York/New Jersey area and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the reception venue that Alphonse and I are looking at (Nanina's in the Park) is the number one featured reception location in the area, according to the site! The discovery made me all the more excited about my wedding.

On a slightly less sunshine-y note, according to theknot.com the second most common bridal mistake is "reading aloud to your fiance from bridal magazines." Apparently guys really don't care what kind of flowers I carry or if my dress is white, off-white, or off-off-white. Who knew?! While I haven't yet reached the "reading from magazines" level of annoying-ness, I do confess to quite often bringing wedding plans into our everyday discussion. And despite historic evidence to the contrary, I am quite happy to share that Alphonse has surprisingly been quite involved in this whole process. In the beginning he said: "Let me handle the music and you can take care of the rest." Since then, however, he has given his input about every aspect of the wedding that we've planned so far. Apparently this is sort of a big deal to him, too... and I'm not going to complain about that at all. We keep each other appropriately sane/silly. :) .

And congrats to my cousin Rachael who is getting married tomorrow! Sadly this means we're getting old, but luckily nothing beats a wedding and a three-day weekend. :) . And early well wishes for Memorial Day.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." -- Philippians 4:6

No comments: