Monday, May 5, 2008

a walk in the park...

“In the spring time, the only pretty ring time, / When birds do sing, hey ding a ding; / Sweet lovers love the spring.” -- William Shakespeare

Yesterday Alphonse and I visited Nanina's in the Park (parents and siblings in tow) as a potential venue for our wedding. It was a gorgeous spring day to visit a venue that was just as lovely. I was most impressed by the property grounds and the elegant dining presentation -- they have so many options for cocktail and main sitting dining, including more stations than I can keep track of, specialized chefs for making mozzarella and sushi, individual white glove service for each table, and Romeo and Juliet main course. For more details on the full menu, click here. To say the least, I think you can probably fast for a few days before coming to eat at a celebration here. And to top it all off, the price was amazingly reasonable and the staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. All around, I definitely recommend this location. Here are a few pictures of the venue (click on the photos or check out the website for a better view):



Over the next few weeks Alphonse and I will probably check out a few more places, but we were very pleased with what we saw here.

As a side note, a couple of weeks ago when I was writing about love and sports, Alphonse chimed in and started listing off random facts that he thought I should mention. When I turned to him and said: "Hey, get your own blog!" he paused and responded, "Maybe I will." And thus was born his blog, which I highly recommend. If he listens to me this well during our marriage, it looks like it'll be smooth sailing. :)

"See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come... Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me." -- Song of Solomon 2:11-13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the venue is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

This is where Dean and I got married and absolutely loved it! Of course that was 18 years ago, when Alphonse was the cutest little man in my wedding, but it is a gorgeous place and the food is phenominal.