Friday, June 6, 2008

cream and sugar.

"He was my cream, and I was his coffee - And when you poured us together, it was something." -- Josephine Baker
Aside from those 40 days and nights during Lent, my typical Monday to Friday routine involves one to two cups of java, disguised by milk and sugar. My lab version of Seth Rogan, the one and only Andrew "B-bear" Edelstein can attest to this habit (and partly enables it , as well). As someone who's been an insider to two weddings in the past month (and whose sister is in the process of planning a wedding) he might have a few pearls of wisdom to share about remaining sane through this process... but that is another blog for another day.

Back to my original thought... coffee. I do love that tasty daily dose of caffeine, but after being inspired by weddingbee, I think perhaps I may need to give it up for the sake of white teeth on my wedding day.


I'm not sure first year of med school would approve of such a decision, but I think the fact that I successfully gave it up for Lent is some indication of my ability to survive sans coffee. And if all else fails, there's always teeth whitening, or embracing my off-white teeth.

In other news, today Al and I chaperoned his first graders on their school field trip to the zoo. We haven't had this much fun at a zoo since... we went to the Bronx Zoo last year. Honestly, it's pretty easy to enjoy the zoo when you're there in good company. :) . Those kids are so energetic. I'm poooped.

" God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good." -- Genesis 1:25

2 comments:

jan said...

noooooooooooooooo!! don't doooo it!!

"therein lies the beauty of photoshop."

and that's a direct paraphrase of a possible cut from the list of quotes that God may have most likely said long ago. just kidding. but seriously. mm. coffee. :)

Andrea said...

Theres always redbull :-) yum!