Friday, June 27, 2008

a SUPER cake

"The most dangerous food is wedding cake" -- James Thurber
Lately I've been a little stressed (mostly for reasons not related to the wedding), which is probably not a surprise to any one I've been hanging out with these days. So to lighten up the mood I thought I'd share a delightful find passed on to me by one of my college room mates, Janice "J-dawg" Kim... a Super Mario wedding cake! (Check here for more info)


Seems like an appropriately fun/nerdy dessert, for any appropriately fun/nerdy couple. Among the many reasons why Alphonse and I would get such a cake:
  • Alphonse proudly proclaims that he is still very much a kid, and he has the video game skills to prove it
  • My ring tone on Al's cellphone is the Super Mario theme (I'd like to think this is because he thinks I'm a princess, but it's not...)
  • My lovable Italian fiance dressed up as Mario for Halloween a couple of years ago:


And while Alphonse and I will be taking a more traditional route for our wedding cake, it will not be lacking in creativity. We'll update more about that when we get to it :) . For now, congratulations to my lambmate Audrey, who just got engaged!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" -- 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: