Wednesday, August 20, 2008

veil time! :)

"Humility is a necessary veil to all other graces." -- William Gurnall
It's been a pretty busy week for me, and to top it off, a few of my favorite people (including my friends Sydnie and Gemina, and that silly love of life, Alphonse) were in the area contributing to the happy, speedy disappearance of the past few days. So while I don't quite have time to share with you all of the wedding details we've been working on, here are a few really gorgeous photos of some beautiful veils I found looking through wedding portfolios. I'm leaning towards a cathedral length veil (so I can do this! looks like fun) however, veils are surprisingly expensive! Or perhaps not so surprisingly, since all things wedding-related seem to be quite pricey... but it's just a piece of fancy lace, isn't it?

Top: photos by Orange Turtle, Bottom: photos by Ed Pingol
click to enlarge

Also, I know Al's not supposed to see me in my wedding dress before the big day, but what about the veil? Does anyone know? I have pictures of me in a veil I was thinking of posting.

"How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves. Your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Mount Gilead."-- Song of Solomon 4:1