Sunday, August 3, 2008

more bouquets.

"If the sun always shines, there's a desert below. It takes a little rain to make love grow." -- Unknown
So a couple of entries ago I mentioned my new approach to flower finding, which excludes many different flowers (including this lovely, simple bouquet). Note to future brides: get married in the spring... tons of gorgeous flowers in season! But since a spring wedding wouldn't work for me anyways, let's not cry over spilled milk. So moving on, for the bouquets (mine and the bridesmaids') I think I want to try to keep things simple beautiful (aka not too many different flowers and vibes going on at once). To that end here are a few bouquets from theknot that I've been liking lately:


Clockwise from top left:
  1. double Dutch tulips and sweet pea -- very simple and light, the sweet peas add some texture
  2. yellow mini calla lilies, ivory roses, light green hydrangea, and green poms, kumquats, and berries -- a little too busy for me, but I like the way they incorporated unique pieces, like berries
  3. blue hydrangea ball -- simple and full, i think this might make a nice bridesmaid bouquet
  4. white peonies and yellow garden roses accented with green hypericum berries and sprigs of rosemary -- again, I love round flowers like peonies, and I like the way they used sprigs and berries.
"He is like a well-watered plant in the sunshine, spreading its shoots over the garden; it entwines its roots around a pile of rocks and looks for a place among the stones." -- Job 8:16-17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the bouquets are beautiful!!!!

mizere said...

my color scheme is a fall version of yours! it's a deeper blue and champagne -- and i totally agree with the hydrangea bouquet. i'm almost certain i'm using them for the bridesmaids. i'll splurge on mine with white calla lilies =)

yay for wedding planning!!!