Friday, August 1, 2008

a new white chapter.

"White ... is not a mere absence of color; it is a shining and affirmative thing, as fierce as red, as definite as black.... God paints in many colors; but He never paints so gorgeously, I had almost said so gaudily, as when He paints in white." -- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
So today was my white coat ceremony at school, which marks the start of a new chapter of my life: being a humanist/physician. It seems quite appropriate that this event took place today since the last time someone helped me get dressed in a different really important white garment was when my sister helped me try on wedding gowns at the "running of the brides" in Manhattan back in February, marking the start of an equally important chapter in my life. As coincidence would have it, the "running of the brides" here in DC (home of the White House and my new home for the next 4+ years, also another new chapter in my life) was this morning. So cheers to crisp white clothes, and all the love, responsibility, and hope that they bring with them.


"Mordecai left the king's presence wearing royal garments of blue and white, a large crown of gold and a purple robe of fine linen. And the city of Susa held a joyous celebration." -- Esther 8:15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im so proud of you! youre gonna be a great physician! and youre also going be a great, gorgeous bride =]